Friday, September 6, 2013

Getting Better

a pic from better days, enjoying the view of the city from the highest point in dayton
   Just a quick cry baby update! I've been a tad m.i.a. lately on this exciting blog because I'm going on my third week of feeling under the weather. I'm getting so sick of my own complaints but I'll admit, I've had a difficult time remaining positive and have experienced a few awful bouts of anxiety and depressive feelings. Throw in some feelings of NY homesickness too and I've just been a complete miserable cave troll.

   I'm usually a tougher broad when I'm ill, but it's been hard to keep my mind occupied while feeling uncomfortable. I believe things are slowly improving, but there were moments when I felt pretty scared. It's hard to not be a bit of a hypochondriac when you don't have health insurance. Imagination runs a little wild and I've had some vivid images of myself just having to peacefully die on a McDonald's sidewalk somewhere. Just laying there with my arms crossed over my chest, fast food seagulls picking over my bones.
  Anyways, I've been trying to get out of the house when I can, but it's also been difficult with having zero energy. I really do feel I often take my normally good health for granted and I'm determined to be a healthier person once I get past this. Matt has been amazing and I'm so grateful for him lately with how supportive he's been. I apologize for the whiny post but sometimes it really feels good to just vent.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are beginning to feel better!! I am sorry you had to go through this at all though. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete